It is very important for every student and aspirants seeking for admission to study Nursing/Nursing Science to understand and know the relevant WAEC and JAMB subject combination required to successfully sail through after the admission procedure.
It may also interest you to note that admission in this course is highly competitive thus, requires good preparation.
In this article, we have compiled key and vital information that you need to know before embarking on that journey.
WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject Combination for Nursing/Nursing Science: What Is Nursing/Nursing Science All About?
Nursing Science is the branch of science that deals or that plays a major role in the diagnosis and treatment of patients via certain medical skills.
Scholars in this fields cares more about the general well being of individuals, families and the entire community at large.
They aid doctors and surgeons in performing majority of clinical treatment.
To be realistic, Nursing Science is one of the broadest branch of medical science as it covers more subjects (Up to 90) matter – the most in any course.
The good news is that once your training is complete (That is: you have professionally become a nurse), they are a lot of companies that are eager to take you in as job opportunities abounds more in this course.
What Are The WAEC Subject Combination For Nursing/Nursing Science?
n Nigeria, it is required of you to have at least 5 credits in your O-level to stand a chance of getting admission to study Nursing/Nursing Science.
But to cement this chances, you need to pass the exams on the first sitting as things get tough and complicated when it comes to combine result.
Also, to study this course in any Nigerian University, you need to write and pass these compulsory subjects which are:
- English Language
- A trade subject
It is pertinent to note that these rules are not only applicable on WAEC but also on other O-level exams like NECO and GCE.
Furthermore, if you are applying for admission on the course in any tertiary institution in Lagos State, then, including the Yoruba language is compulsory to study this course.
What Is The JAMB Cut-off Score For Nursing/Nursing Science?
It is written and mandated by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board – JAMB that one must score at least 180 inorder to stand a chance of gaining admission to study Nursing/Nursing Science in any University in the country but in reality, we wouldn’t advise you score that: aim for 200 to be on the safe side.
Also, always check the school’s site for the cut-off Mark as different tertiary institution has varying Nursing/Nursing Science departmental cutoff mark.
What Are The JAMB Subject Combination For Nursing/Nursing Science?
JAMB is a body responsible for regulation and control of admission policies in all Universities in Nigeria.
Therefore, for this course – Nursing/Nursing Science, the required JAMB subject combination are:
- English language
Are They Other Alternatives To Gain Admission And Study Nursing/Nursing Science Without Jamb?
They are other ways of gaining secured admission to study Nursing/Nursing Science in Nigeria without writing JAMB. Here are the alternative routes:
What Are The Direct Entry requirements To Study Nursing/Nursing Science?
If you are a direct entry candidate seeking to gain admission and study Nursing/Nursing Science in any Nigerian university, you must have Two ‘A’ level passes in Physics, Chemistry and either of Biology/Zoology, with an additional ‘O’ level credit pass in English Language, Mathematics and Physics.
Which University In Nigeria Can I Study Nursing/Nursing Science?
Here is the comprehensive list of universities that are running certified degree program in Nursing/Nursing Science:
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti
- Achievers University, Owo
- Adeleke University Ede (AUE)
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Bayero University, Kano
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) (registered nurse only)
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
How Many Years Am I expected To Study Nursing/Nursing Science?
Normally, if you are using jamb post UTME method to secure admission to study the course, it will take you 5 years to finish up.
The deficit is reduced to 4 years if you are using direct entry method for admission.
However, due to academic reason, you can study the course up to 6 years or more depending on the magnitude of your carry-over courses.
Are There Any Special Consideration?
Yes there are. To this effect, here are some of the special consideration you should know:
- Some universities do accept an O-level result with D7 or E8 even if it is on a compulsory subject (instead of credit)
- Moreso, some tertiary institution accept two sittings in O-level result.
WAEC and JAMB Subject for Nursing/Nursing Science: Conclusion
Nursing/Nursing Science is a wide course with good future prospects.
In this area of specialization, you will be taught on the Implementation, Promotion and prevention of health hazards.
More to it, Nursing/Nursing Science is a patient-based course that lays emphasis on health challenges and it’s assessment through a good medical, cultural and professional approach.
If you think this post might be useful to someone, kindly use our share button.
- The 30 Richest Models in the World (2021)
- The 25 Greatest White Rappers in the World (2021)
- Eminem Net Worth
- Rupert Murdoch Net Worth
- JAMB 2021/2022 Registration Form: Starting & Closing Date (Guidelines)
- The 10 Best Investment Apps for Kids
- Winona Ryder Net Worth
- Tom Cruise Net Worth & Biography
- Tom Hanks Net Worth & Biography
- Neymar Net worth and Biography (2021)