What is Lionel Messi net worth today?
|Net Worth:||$400 Million|
|Born:||June 24, 1987|
|Country of Origin:||Argentina|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Soccer Player|
Theres virtually no one today especially football fans who doesnt know Lionel Messi.
If I would say, The game of football should be named after him!
Wait, Isn’t it worth it?
Well, were are not here to talk on that today.
Lionel Messi, in full Lionel Andrés Messi, also called Leo Messi is an Argentinian footballer (soccer player) known to be one of the greatest players of the modern football league. He is known for his goal-scoring records and his ability to dribble the ball past opponents.
As of 2021, Lionel Messi’s net worth is $400 million, making him one of the richest soccer players in the world.
Lionel Andrés Messi was born on 24 June 1987 in Rosario, to the family of Jorge Messi who worked as a steel factory manager, and his mother Celia Cuccitini, who works in a magnet production company.
Messi developed a passion for football even at a very tender age. Who would know that Lionel Messi net worth would become something everyone wants to know?
He would later go on to play with his brothers and cousins namely Rodrigo, Matias, and Maximiliano, and Biancucchi who went on to later became professional footballers themselves.
Messi joined the Rosario club aged six. Over the 6 years that he played for the club, he scored almost 500 goals as part of the team famously referred to as “The Machine of ’87”.
However, at age 10 he was diagnosed with a growth hormones deficiency which threatened his football career.
His father was unable to pay for the full treatment due to the fact that his health insurance scheme was able to cover for only 2 years of the growth hormones treatment which cost more than $1,000 every month.
Though his family was promised help by the Newell’s Old Boys club, they eventually didn’t keep their word.
Messi’s family subsequently moved on to Catalonia through the relatives they had there in order to set up a trial with Barcelona in September 2000.
After dazzling the first team director at the time, he proposed signing Messi to the Barcelona board, but they were hesitant as it was rare and unusual for European teams to sign a player of that age at that time.
Barcelona went on to sign him on December 14th and in what would be his first contract with Barcelona, he signed on a paper napkin.
This prompted Messi’s family to relocate to Barcelona to a place in close proximity to the famous stadium, the Camp Nou.
At the age of 16 Messi started playing for FC Barcelona, and became the youngest player to score a goal for the franchise.
That season concluded with Messi leading his team to an under-20 World Cup title. In 2009 he lead Barcelona to capture the Champions League, La Liga, and Spanish Super Cup titles.
Despite having set records at a young age, Messi strove to improve his skills. In 2012 he passed the record for most goals scored and became Barcelona’s all-time leading scorer. He also set the record for most goals scored in a single calendar year.
The 2017-2018 started with Messi extending his goalscoring record. Despite injuries that have plagued him in past seasons, Messi has proven himself a valuable player for Barcelona.
In March he became the second player to score his 99th and 100th Champions League goals. His efforts this season have lead Barcelona to the quarter finals for the eleventh consecutive season.
Messi is now one of the best and richest soccer players of all time, and has a net worth of $400 million dollars in 2021.
How Does Lionel Messi Spend His Money?
Messi lives a relatively private life. He owns a Ferrari F430 Spider, a Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale, and an Audi R8 Spyder, all worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. He is rumored to have bought the most expensive car ever, a 1957 Ferrari 335 Sport Spider Scaglietti, at auction for $37 million.
Messi’s prime piece of real estate is an old home 16 miles outside Barcelona, in the town of Castelldefels, which has a view of the Catalan mountains.
He also owns a one-zero eco house that is designed and custom-built by Luis Garrido. Messi has spent $2,000,000 just on renovation for his home.
Lionel enjoys traveling by his private jet. The jet includes a kitchen, two bathrooms, and 16 seats that can be folded to beds. The jet is evaluated on $15,000,000. During the summers Messi travels around with his family on a yacht which can cost $50,000 per week.
Here are some of the best highlights of Lionel Messi’s career:
- La Liga: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2017–18, 2018–19
- Copa del Rey: 2008–09, 2011–12, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18
- Supercopa de España: 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2018
- UEFA Champions League: 2005–06, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2014–15
- UEFA Super Cup: 2009, 2011, 2015
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2009, 2011, 2015
- FIFA U-20 World Cup: 2005
- Summer Olympics: 2008
- FIFA Ballon d’Or/Ballon d’Or: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2019
- FIFA World Cup Golden Ball: 2014
- FIFA World Player of the Year: 2009
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player: 2019
- European Golden Shoe: 2009–10, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19
- Copa América Golden Ball: 2015
- UEFA Men’s Player of the Year Award: 2011, 2015
- UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2009
- UEFA Club Forward of the Year: 2009, 2019
- La Liga Best Player: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2017–18, 2018–19
- La Liga Best Forward: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16
- Pichichi Trophy: 2009–10, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19
- FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2009, 2011
- FIFA Club World Cup Silver Ball: 2015
- FIFA Club World Cup Final Most Valuable Player: 2009, 2011
- FIFA World Youth Championship Golden Ball: 2005
- FIFA World Youth Championship Golden Shoe: 2005
- IFFHS World’s Best Playmaker: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019
- Olimpia de Plata (Argentine Footballer of the Year): 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Copa América Best Young Player: 2007
- FIFPro Young World Player of the Year: 2006, 2007, 2008
- Golden Boy (Young European Footballer of the Year): 2005
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- UEFA Ultimate Team of the Year
- La Liga Team of the Season: 2014–15, 2015–16
- FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2014
- Copa América Dream Team: 2007, 2011, 2015, 2016
- Argentine Football Assn. Team of All Time (published 2015)
- Laureus World Sportsman of the Year: 2020
Favorite Quotes from Lionel Messi
“I want to avoid comparisons because for me there has never been anyone quite like him.”
“Something deep in my character allows me to take the hits and get on with trying to win.”
“This defeat hurts because of the way it happened and because it broke our record of victories.”
“This is a re-debut. The first one was a bit short.”
“I Rushed to get back before it was time.”
“There’s no doubt. It’s certain that I’ll be 100 percent.”
“Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the best in the world, alongside Xavi and Andres Iniesta.”
“Barcelona is my home and I hope that I stay here for many years.”
“I’d like to thank all the people that voted for me, and all my team-mates.”
“If everything goes right then I can get going.”
Lionel Messi has overcome adversity and odds to become a record-breaking football player. He has shown that no matter how great you are, you are never too great to improve.
He has also became a vocal children’s rights advocate, and is using his skills to help others. His net worth is reflective of the time and dedication he has put into his craft.
As of 2021, Lionel Messi’s net worth is roughly $400 million.
- The 30 Richest Models in the World (2021)
- The 25 Greatest White Rappers in the World (2021)
- Eminem Net Worth
- Rupert Murdoch Net Worth
- JAMB 2021/2022 Registration Form: Starting & Closing Date (Guidelines)
- The 10 Best Investment Apps for Kids
- Winona Ryder Net Worth
- Tom Cruise Net Worth & Biography
- Tom Hanks Net Worth & Biography
- Neymar Net worth and Biography (2021)